73% of employers would employ someone with volunteering experience over one without. UEL recognises the importance of student volunteering and is pleased to announce the Volunteering Awards for 2016/2017. Achieving an Award will help you stand out from the crowd in today’s competitive jobs market.
The more you volunteer, the higher the Award.
• Bronze Award: 25 hours
• Silver Award: 50 hours
• Gold Award: 100 hours
• Platinum Award: 200 hours
How do I achieve a UEL Volunteering Award?
Deadline for submitting application forms: Wednesday 15th February at 1 pm
You will be presented with a Volunteering Award certificate on completion of a certain number of hours of volunteering and a successful application. There are two ways you can apply for an award:
A) If you are registered on the UEL Volunteering Hub and have been volunteering through it:
1. Make sure you have done the following:
- Registered on the UEL Volunteering Hub (volunteering.uel.ac.uk)
- Attended a short volunteering induction with UEL Volunteering
- Applied for a volunteering role through the volunteering hub
- Begun volunteering and logging your hours in the hub
2. Complete a short application form. This is to get information on the details of your volunteering activities and number of hours etc. This must be submitted by the deadline above. Application Form : https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/K5ZHSQ9
3. We will review your application and verify your hours. If you are successful we will arrange a date for you to come and receive your certificate
B) If you already volunteer with an organisation that is not on the UEL Volunteering Hub then you can still apply for a Volunteering Award Certificate. Simply follow these steps:
1. Complete a short application form. This is to get information on the details of your volunteering activities and number of hours etc. This must be submitted by the deadline above
2. We will review your application and verify your hours. If you are successful we will arrange a date for you to come and receive your certificate
Note: to qualify as volunteering you should not be receiving a salary for your voluntary work and it should be for a not-for-profit organisation, charity or social enterprise. We may contact your host organisation to verify your volunteering.
Contact UEL Volunteering for information and to apply:
Email: email@example.com with "AWARD ME" in the subject line
Text: "AWARD ME" with your name and student number to 07710 854 641